Taxes are applied to Openfit orders according to the following guidelines and regulations:
- Sales and use taxes on US customer online or phone orders:
- Openfit is not required to, and does not, collect sales or use tax in all states. For states imposing sales or use taxes, your purchase is subject to use tax unless it is specifically exempt from taxation. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means, or because a seller is not required to collect tax. Many states require purchasers to file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the taxable purchases that were not taxed and to pay tax on those purchases. Details of how to file these returns may be found at the websites of your respective taxing authorities.
- All taxes collected are remitted to the applicable state or jurisdiction
- The taxes on an order are determined by two main factors:
- The tax jurisdiction where the customer's shipping address is located (billing address is used when no items are shipped).
- The taxability of the product(s) or service(s) ordered. Some products and services are exempt from sales tax or taxed at a reduced rate depending on the applicable state and local laws and regulations.
- Please note: The sales tax indicated on the checkout form is an estimate. The sales tax ultimately charged to your credit card will be calculated when your credit card charge is authorized and will reflect applicable state and local taxes.
- Tax exemption for non-profit or tax exempt organizations and individuals:
- Openfit will exempt individuals or entities from sales or use tax that provide a valid sales tax exemption certificate.
- For questions related to federal income tax on non-profit organizations, customers should consult their personal tax professional for advice.
Click here to submit.
Please note Openfit is only able to advise on sales and use taxes charged to you by Openfit. Please consult with your personal tax advisor in regards to your individual tax filing obligations.